GM Truck Club Forum banner

2010 Rear BowTie emblem on tailgate delaminating

6K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  rski43 
#1 ·
...had the same problem on our '07 HHR, anyone else w/ this issue?? This is on '10 1500 Silverado WT (in MA).

Yellow Emblem Symbol Logo Vehicle
Yellow Emblem Logo Symbol Vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I had the same problem on my '10 CC LS. Dropped into the dealer to have them look at it on a saturday morning. It is a known issue and they replaced it on the spot under my warranty, had them in stock and it only took 15 minutes.

#4 ·
I would say in the last 2 Silverados I have owned I have had 5-7 bow ties replaced. I have never had any issues with the dealerships replacing them. Just wish they were made a little better....it is the adversting for the brand to everyone on the road and should look top notch IMO.

#5 ·
I had the same problem on my 09. They replaced it and it happened again. I then took off the outer piece using some fishing line. You can then leave it silver or replace it with those reflective tape replacements they have on the internet. I added the tape in yellow and it looks like new. The other advantage is it reflects back light at night.

Here's a site
http://www.webxtremes.com/chevydecals.htm

#6 ·
I had the same problem on my 09. They replaced it and it happened again. I then took off the outer piece using some fishing line. You can then leave it silver or replace it with those reflective tape replacements they have on the internet. I added the tape in yellow and it looks like new. The other advantage is it reflects back light at night.

Here's a site
http://www.webxtremes.com/chevydecals.htm

#10 ·
My 2011 Silverado LT has the same exact issue, to be quite honest I'm just waiting for another warranty issue to show itself before I go to the dealer to get it all done at once...disappointing really.
I am glad to see that you are planning to work with your local dealer regarding this concern. Please feel free to keep m posted. You can also contact me via private message. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

#11 ·
I would take a faded bow tie over a ford that the fuel tank might fall off while driving any day....

Yeah but some of these people that are saying about gauges already breaking and things of that nature. It is pretty ridiculous we are having problems with such new cars compared to older cars from the 50s 60s and 70s. And come on GM has had major recalls to at least Ford didn't take a bailout.

#12 ·
It is hard to compare cars from the '50s to the cars today. I am not saying GM does not have their falts but a issue with a bow tie is small potatoes. I think you can find issues with any new car, truck and SUV cause you will always hear from the ones complaing and not so much from the ones with trouble free trucks. Just my $0.02

#13 · (Edited)
o
Yeah but some of these people that are saying about gauges already breaking and things of that nature. It is pretty ridiculous we are having problems with such new cars compared to older cars from the 50s 60s and 70s. And come on GM has had major recalls to at least Ford didn't take a bailout.
Sorry your having Problems/Concerns with your New Silverado.....All New Trucks and/or Cars have some degree of problems and some have more than others, G.M./Chevy has had their Fair share, but so has Dodge and Ford,

When you have moment, do a Google Search.....on Recall's for both Ford and Dodge Trucks.....I was taken back when viewing some of the items, they have Recalls on for both Trucks!!!

As mentioned above by ajarman......One Recall from Ford is because(the fuel tank might fall off while driving any day!!!) and one of the Recalls on a.....150,000....2010" Dodge Truck's is a Recall For......Faulty Rear Axle's!!!......

Just because G.M. has had Recall's and Received a Bailout and Ford didn't...........has nothing to do with the way G.M and Ford Builds their Vehicles......:neutral: .......As I mentioned above.......All new Vehicles have some Problems.......with that being said, it now comes down to How Each Vehicle Co.....Chevy....Dodge.....Ford....Handles/Deals with the Problems and the Recalls for their Customer's,

The Cars/Trucks back in the 50"s....60's.....70's were very Simple for the Most Part, but they most likely Had Recalls just like we do today.....and they didn't have a lot of the Features and the
New Technological (Computer's) that are now installed on the Vehicles Today........

#14 ·
It is hard to compare cars from the '50s to the cars today. I am not saying GM does not have their falts but a issue with a bow tie is small potatoes. I think you can find issues with any new car, truck and SUV cause you will always hear from the ones complaing and not so much from the ones with trouble free trucks. Just my $0.02
I agree with this every car will have problems.

#15 ·
yes i had it as well on my 1500. if you are really unhappy the dealer will change it out under warranty but you could always do a mod and replace the emblem with a black on and I have even seen a black sticker to cover the emblem. if my 2011 2500 hd has this happen I will buy a black one.
hey there is even a thread on blacking it out!

#16 ·
Yes I did Tricia thx for asking, took pix & emailed the owner (I worked for him part time 10 yrs ago), said he'd ck stock & hit me back when he knew they had it, my wife could bring it over & they'd change out while she waited. I would think they'd either change vendor or give them a whack in the head, the '07 HHR did it (replacement was fine) & a '10 vehicle is still doing the same thing.

-R

Just noticed I gotta update my signature. :)
-R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.