GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded from a 2007 Z71 White Tahoe back into a truck: 2011 LTZ Z71 Crew Cab Taupe Gray!

Plans:
-ReadyLift 2.25 Leveling kit
-5% tint
-UWS Low Profile Black toolbox
-Spray in Bedliner
-Weathertech Digital Floor mats
-Weathertech Window Deflectors and bug shield
-Can't decide between Nitto Trail Grappler or BFG All Terrain TA KO but looking at 285-295/65/18

Can't believe I just found this website! Any recommendations for modifications would be much appreciated. Curious to know if the 2.25" leveling kit will give enough clearance for 295s to not rub.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. Using stock wheels??

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride!!! Beyond what you listed in your "Plans" you may want to check out the "Member Rides" section of this forum to see what mods people have, as something may appeal to you.

For now, I guess some other things you may want to considers would be: CAI, tuner, bed cover, side steps/nerf bars, tow mirrors, and HID lights.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the club. Sounds like a sweet new ride

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Welcome to GMTC! It's great to have you here. Everyone has their own ideas on what to do with their truck but as far as I'm concerned, your list is just about perfect. Exactly what I would start with (and have started with) on my own truck! 295s should fit ok with a 2.25" leveling kit but there may be some minor rubbing that could be addressed by a bit of trimming. The front is going to be the main issue but since those wheel wells are lined with plastic, you can trim some of that out of the way so that you won't have any rubbing. 285s will definitely be safe. If you can find Ajarman around the site, he'll definitely be able to let you know about tire sizes with the ReadyLift leveling kit.

Here's a link to Ajarman's truck thread. There is tons of info throughout about what tires he has had on his truck since he first installed his leveling kit. If you don't feel like reading through 25 pages of thread posts, though. Send him a message. He's a great guy and I'm sure he would love to help.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?44251-Pics-of-my-08-Silverado

Good luck and again, Welcome!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club. It sounds like you're going to be spending all your spare time with your truck for a few months. That's a nice list of mods & X2 on what Vin & Mike said.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wheels

Welcome to the club. Using stock wheels??
I'm sticking with the stock wheels. Got a hell of a deal on tires from the tirecrawler website. Went with the BFG All-Terrain TA KO 285/65/18. I wanted to go with some more aggressive tires, but I do too much driving to justify the expense.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C !

·
Registered
992 Posts
Welcome to the club