GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 2011 Silverado 1500 crew cab LT 2WD and would like to lift it. I am not in a hurry and would like to do my research before making a decision. I figured asking on here would hopefully get me some ideas as to where I could start looking and what I should start looking for.

·
Registered
898 Posts
welcome to the club.....you will lots of info / pics / links to parts here for whatever you want to lift to.
Can be as cheap as about $700, or upwards of thousands if you go to one of those 6" lifts where you
will probably have to extend mechanical parts and drivetrain parts ..........good luck
Brian from Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
992 Posts
it all depends on what you are looking for/ how much you are willing to spend and how high of a lift you want. rough country 7.5 and 5" lifts are a decent price and an ok qualty or you can get into the more top quality lifts with a the full diff drop and stock like ride ex. fabtech,bds,rancho,cognito, are just some of the lifts you can get. im personally running the fabtech lift and love everything about it its a 6"lift but measures to be an 8" plus my front end angles are better now then when the truck was stock plus its a stock like ride unlike my 3" kit i had from rough country

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I'd go with the Rancho kit. Well engineered and good quality and fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't decided how high yet. I was thinking about starting out with just using a leveling kit and then down the road eventually save up for a 6" lift. I did some research and came across a ReadyLift sst lift kit that is 4" in the front and 1.75" in the back. It runs about $1000, which I could afford right now. Whatever I do I will most likely keep my stock tires and wheels for a while, since they are brand new. Right now I have 275/55R20 tires, so they are a little bigger than your average stock tire. What are your opinions on keeping stock tires after lifting?

·
Registered
69 Posts
im runin the ready lift sst and and i love it bro. rides good and handles good. when i first got my truck i put it on and put 33s on it and ran it like that for a couple months now i got 35s on it, i just life the wheel wells to look good and full. but i had to bend a lil on the inner fenders and the bottom of the fenders but u cant tell it unless ur under the truck. i got pics of mine with bothe the 33s and the 35s on my page

·
Registered
593 Posts
I wouldn't put the Readly lift kit on my truck. It's nothing more than an overpriced/glorified leveling kit, that does little to correct front end angles.

·
Registered
992 Posts
If anything readylift makes your angles wors since ur going up four inches but your diff drop might be 1.5"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts