GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. A little background: got a service brake system indication on the display, scanned it, found the brake booster to be bad, replaced the booster and the master cylinder, then started to get the service stabilitrack and traction control along with the service brake system indication. On a side note the booster when I replaced it was full of brake fluid, which is why I replaced the master cylinder as well, also the parts I used for this were used, not sure if any of this is related, no issues with the brakes after bleeding the crap (all day) out of everything. Back to the pedal sensor: I got it all working well but then got all the indications above, I scanned the codes and got P057C, C0161(ABS), C1100 (ABS), C0277 (BCM). Replaced the braked pedal position sensor, twice, and the code still wont go away, had a mechanic friend with a snap-on solaris tried to do the BPP calibration but the code wouldn't clear and it wouldn't allow the calibration process. The P057C is being held as a permanent code. Not sure where to go from here, I contacted a local dealer service all they can tell me is to bring it in, looking for some advice from anyone.

Thanks
Eugene

1 - 1 of 1 Posts