GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all sorry if this has been asked in the past, but i have a 2014 Silverado LTZ with heated and cooled seats. The cooling part is working great however both of the seats will not heat up. i have tried to find something about both of them going out at the same time. I have checked all fuses, connections,etc. Anyone else ever have this problem?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Read this hyper link below and tell me what condition best suits you problem.

https://gm.oemdtc.com/3607/front-heated-seats-2014-2015-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc-vehicles

Next, without good quality closeup pictures of both under seat connectors / conditions. I will be guessing for the most part what wiring you have. But I'm gonna leave a few schematics to see if I can get you rolling along. Also note, your BCM under the dash is the central hub for controlling seat functions. Read the upper hyper link and tell me what condition you have.

Hope this will help???

Possible wiring schematics:

Passenger side wiring

Heated Seat Wiring RF.gif
Heated Seatr Wiring Wiring.png

Drivers side wiring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read this hyper link below and tell me what condition best suits you problem.

https://gm.oemdtc.com/3607/front-heated-seats-2014-2015-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc-vehicles

Next, without good quality closeup pictures of both under seat connectors / conditions. I will be guessing for the most part what wiring you have. But I'm gonna leave a few schematics to see if I can get you rolling along. Also note, your BCM under the dash is the central hub for controlling seat functions. Read the upper hyper link and tell me what condition you have.

Hope this will help???

Possible wiring schematics:

Passenger side wiring

View attachment 131482 View attachment 131484

Drivers side wiring.
My issue is condition 1

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Being a "novice' in this type of repair will be difficult. It's like a cardio vascular surgeon telling a civilian how to do surgery over a computer.

First, raise up the seats to their highest position, take a good quality close up picture(s) of the wiring similar to the schematics. Also look for any "browning / burning" on the electrical connectors.

·
Registered
14,133 Posts
The one thing that is the most common to left and right is the 20amp fuse in the underhood fuse panel, labelled "Front heated seats"

The other fuse that is used by both is in the dash fuse panel, it is labelled "Rear HVAC"

And, of course, some wiring to the modules under the seats.
A brown wire and an orange wire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am wondering why both went out at the same time. Both lights on the switches will come on and stay on. Most of what i read has told me that if there was an issue, like resistance or oHms dropping the lights on the switches will go out. On mine they will stay on for the duration i am driving. Also when i say novice what i mean is i can read and use a volt meter, however i am not sure which pins to check to get readings that i need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not have or see any of those fuses you listed. I do however see that on each cabin fuse box is a fuse marked left heated seat and right heated seat. I check both fuses and they are fine. I saw nothing stating "rear HVAC"

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
mhayslip, please check "all" the fuses in the power distribution center in the engine bay and the fuse panel in the dash.

Check "both sides" of the fuses.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Also there is a BCM (body control module) in the equation to be considered. That is why you should check "all" fuses in the power distribution center (in engine bay left fender area) and the fuse panel by the dash. Eventually will need pictures or what color wires you have at the under seat module. Also to evaluate connector pin condition at the module. See if there's any browning / burning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have similar issue with my 2014 Silverado, I also have vented seats and only passenger's seat back element works, but I think the diagram you found is not the right one, in vented seats the back and cushion can be turned ON/Off separately and there are 4 positions for each(Off/1/2/3) on the diagram back and cushion connected in serial that means it can't be powered up separately.
I found a control module p/n for this year and it's for both seats I just can't find it's location.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
igoro,

The schematics I left were for the right seat, ...then the left seat. There are many configurations That is why I'm asking for your option codes.
There is way more info needed than just 2014 Silverado. Is it 15, 25 or 3500??? That is why I need an RPO option code.

Do you have the KB6 option code in the glove box sticker???

Check all the fuses relating to your seat operation, ...refer to the owners manual fuse location specs. Check both sides of the fuse to make sure your electrical circuits are working.

Next thing is your gonna have to do is get the seats raised up to the highest level and start disconnecting connectors and look for "any" browning / burning of any of the connector pins. If and when you find a burnt pin, take a good close up high quality picture to see where we will go from there.

As for the control module it should be under the dash, just above the hush panels. You should be looking for a box like similar to this. Be careful back probing wires, this module is expensive.

BCM 2014 02.jpg
BCM 2014 GM.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's a Silverado 1500
I checked connectors, all 4 pads continuity and all fuses that I found.
I will check under the dash and will update. Thank you for help.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
2014's and 2015's seats have very poor reliability, ...so don't be surprised what you might find. We will help you the best we can. But a closeup clear picture helps a whole lot more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have similar issue with my 2014 Silverado, I also have vented seats and only passenger's seat back element works, but I think the diagram you found is not the right one, in vented seats the back and cushion can be turned ON/Off separately and there are 4 positions for each(Off/1/2/3) on the diagram back and cushion connected in serial that means it can't be powered up separately.
I found a control module p/n for this year and it's for both seats I just can't find it's location.[/QUOTE

Could you share the part#? I have checked all fuses and connectors. The last thing left is to pull the seats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts