GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father's truck so I am just trying to help him. 2015 and turned on A/C for the first time this season, not cold. I bought a can of the refrigerant at Walmart and had a top from another can with the gauge. I am pretty sure I found the low line but did not see any diagrams online when I did a Google. The gauge shows about 5 lbs and does not move even holding the trigger to fill the system. The can also does not feel like it is getting lighter with refrigerant coming out.

Any idea on this? Could the top for the can be faulty although I used it on several cars in the past?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd suggest looking at the compressor first. Does it engage properly if you turn on A/C? It could be a clutch issue. You can check with an OBD scanner, if the A/C builds up pressure.

Best,

Steffan

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd suggest looking at the compressor first. Does it engage properly if you turn on A/C? It could be a clutch issue. You can check with an OBD scanner, if the A/C builds up pressure.

Best,

Steffan
Thank you, I ended up finding out there is a special coverage adjustment on the vehicle for very well known A/C problems. There are class action suits, etc. I have it going to the dealer Monday to get it fixed and they sounded like they were aware of the issue once I brought up that topic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts