GM Truck Club Forum banner

2017 Sierra 1500 Continuous Door Unlock with key FOB in the area

94 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  RayVoy
Hi Guys,

I have been having trouble with my FOB lately. My truck will not lock using the key FOB, it will automatically unlock right after I attempt to lock the vehicle. Even while driving or standing in the area of the truck it sometime randomly does a door unlock as if I pressed the button. This has been happening for awhile but it was automatically locking all the doors right after I try to unlock, and now has switched to automatically unlocking.

It not a low battery problem; it seems to be an issue with the chip itself or a programing problem inside the truck. I will likely have to call the dealer to take a look as I cannot seem to fix the issue myself, and not being able to lock my truck at all is become a huge concern. I am just hoping I don't have to buy a new FOB as those can run you upwards of $350 and even the cost for the dealer to have a look at it can be costly, but not sure if I have any other options at this point.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Push button start with the proximity key?
Push button start with the proximity key?
It does have push button start, not sure what the proximity key is but I will copy an image of it.

Attachments

See less See more
Where's your spare key?
Reactions: 1
Where's your spare key?
I was going to suggest the same thing, try the spare
I'm thinking it may be in the truck keeping the doors unlocked. I did this recently with a spare key and a trunk lid. 😁
I'm thinking it may be in the truck keeping the doors unlocked. I did this recently with a spare key and a trunk lid. 😁
Good suggestion Jacob
1 - 7 of 7 Posts