GM Truck Club Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
any codes immediately following that? the same 2 fuel pump codes possible? if it is not bad gas from the station, it may just be a simple electrical problem like a bad ground or corrosion at the pump harness plug...

those codes are like pump a is not pumping and therfore pump b is not receiving the gas so it can pump.... I dont believe its a straight up a failed pump because this is not usually an intermittent problem. they can gradually decline over time or stop completely. it's hard to make a good guess though, this tank is going to have to be opened.

Al

·
Registered
2019 Silverado HD 2019 Duramax 6.6, Black Crew Cab, 6 Speed.
67 Posts
I would agree with you because that's what I did with my Colorado. It was a piece of cake cause the bed is so light. However, his truck is a lot bigger and he has a full toolbox and equipment loaded in the back. The circumstances just don't make that as easy as it seems.
Yes there’s a big difference be in an empty bed and a toolbox‘s and a bed full of tools. I have only changed a couple of fuel pumps I don’t know that much about them good luck, some one on here will be able to help you

·
Registered
15,707 Posts
Did he get the fuel pressures tested, I think that should be the next step. Check both pumps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What was the outcome of the truck sputtering?

·
Registered
67 Posts
My boyfriend's truck runs great most of the time but sometimes at any speed it could start sputtering and acting like it's running out of gas then we'll put the truck in neutral and shut the truck off and pull to the side and then able to crank it right back up and then it'll run strong and then it'll start sputtering again and sometimes it cuts off by itself and dies but has power and sometimest we cut it off and then we can crank it right back up. Sometimes it takes a minute for it to be able to crank back up.
Did you get this issue fixed and if you did what was wrong with the truck?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts