GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! First off let me say thank you for taking the time to read this. I just purchased a 2017 Suburban Premier, with the Max towing package, about 3 months ago. It had 25,000 miles on it. When I test drove it everything seemed fine. Once I got it home and started using it as my daily driver I noticed a stutter (feels almost like a miss) at low rpms and slow acceleration. I live in a very hilly part of the country and I feel it the most going up a hill or pulling a trailer. The truck acts like it does not want to down shift and when it finally does it shifts way down. Also, it is most noticeable between 20 and 30 mph - I can feel it at higher speeds but it is hard to notice. Now that it has turned colder it is very noticeable until it is driven 10 or 15 min. I have tried different things such as warming the truck up before leaving but this does not help. I took the truck back to the dealer. They were unable to replicate what I described and no codes popped up. There are no hills around the dealership so I couldn't get it to do it either. My first thought was the engine is missing. However, since it seems to do it whether the engine is cold or not (stutters the worst when the transmission is cold) and that it only does it at low rpms and between certain mph could it be the tranny slipping? I've checked and it is always using 8 cylinders when it happens. Never in the v4 mode. I am kind of at loss and not sure if I need to have a tech meet me at house one cold morning to show him what it does haha. Has anyone heard of something like this with practically a brand new car? It is really frustrating when you pay $70k for a vehicle and have problems. The dealership acts like they do not care . Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
17,606 Posts
I suspect it's the torque management/ fuel economy programing in the PCM. The longer the transmission stays in a higher gear, the better the miles per gal (according to GM)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Everyone who has had transmission problems in a 2017 Chevrolet Suburban needs to contact GM immediately. This has been a more than common problem in this year, make and model. If enough of us reach out to GM they will have to reimburse us for this issue. It is not a cheap fix!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
So should I consider this a problem or just something the newer models are going to do?
I have a 2005 LT that was shifting poorly on uphill grades..not steepgrades, just inclines. After replacing the underside pan stuff like solonoids and wiring it didn't change. Finally, in April 2012 at 103,000 miles I had the PCM replaced by the dealer. $1365 fixed it. But now I am plagued with a stumbling/hard shift issue that the tranny expert says is not a transmission problem. I think these Subs have gremlins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts