GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Silverado 1500 5.3L and it feels super sluggish. Groaning. It’s in 2WD but feels like it’s in 4WD. Loud. Gas mileage isn’t good either right now. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the transmission fluid. Didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
Steve, is the check engine light on, do you have any messages on the drivers display.

Shouldn't your problem be covered by GM warranty?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve, is the check engine light on, do you have any messages on the drivers display.

Shouldn't your problem be covered by GM warranty?
It’s not on and yes it’s covered under warranty. I saw somebody else post on another site that theirs was doing something similar and it was because its stuck in 4WD. They disconnected the battery for 30 min to reset the computer and it came out of 4WD. I tested that and it worked. Tried to see if it would switch to and from 4WD and it switched to 4WD but would not switch out if it despite what the display said. It felt like it was still in 4WD. So I reset the computer again and it’s back in 2WD. Weird. Appt with the dealership scheduled.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
probably the transfer case is a failure .. wiring to the transfer case also can have GM china electrical issues ..
DO NOT GO TO THAT STUPID GM DEALERSHIP .. that dealership only changed the tranny fluid !!!!!!!!!!!
has no troubleshooting on the electrical issues .
go to another GM dealership...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
probably the transfer case is a failure .. wiring to the transfer case also can have GM china electrical issues ..
DO NOT GO TO THAT STUPID GM DEALERSHIP .. that dealership only changed the tranny fluid !!!!!!!!!!!
has no troubleshooting on the electrical issues .
go to another GM dealership...
Already have an appointment at the other dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts