GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Gm has vowed to end the internal combustion engine by 2035. I'm pretty certain that they have already dropped some of their replacement engines and transmissions. I remember reading something about that anyways. like they did not renew the contracts with whomever does the remanufacturing of them. Iv seen some brand new engines still available so I'm not sure what the deal is. for the most part I'm talking about the 350/383. theres lots of LS stuff still available but GM is slowly shutting down support for the ICE!

Man this year's 2022 trucks dont have AFM or DFM. I think they have the internal parts, just not the chips or the programming. the 2022 5.3/6.2 trucks are probably going to be sought after.

·
Registered
16,452 Posts
Al, I suspect they have the mechanical pieces.

And Ive heard bad things about this year's (2021) engines, the lifters are failing at a high rate.
GM is blaming the suppliers for poor quality control and the suppliers are blaming COVID for poor materials.

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,876 Posts
Yup. I’m going to have my factory radiator rebuilt after the fiasco of trying to find one fit last spring. Guaranteed fit if the replacement ever does bite the big one.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts