GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's been trying to do some looking around online and sometime next year or somethin get some 22x11 wheels just dont know which ones yet ha. Anyway i just need advice to either or not they won't fit or no and anyone interested in helping would appreciate it!!

Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rims are 22x11 6x5.5 lug pattern 0 Offset and the tires 35 12.50 trail grapplers

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Since you have a RoughCountry lift you may want to look on there website for the maximum recommended backspacing.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it wouldnt work but wouldnt wheel spacers help it fit though?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Sorry but I'm not a fan of wheel spacers so I can't give you a answer.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh okay i guess someone will chime in!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i am wanting to get some 20x12 0 offset fuel hostage black deep dish for my truck now since i found them for $1,020 and they would look really good on my truck with the big lip and some good meat to follow. i think rough country's say 18's and above are required for this lift. I have a 7.5 inch lift and i am running 18x9 right now 0 offset. i was wondering if i could resolve this problem with wheel spacers that i could buy to make them not rub at all. Does anyone know!?? Help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
593 Posts
You change your mind more times than a woman. :lol:

As general rule of thumb, think of it like this. The wider the wheel, the more the tires will rub and the smaller they will need to be. The lower the offset/bs (pushes the wheels outward) the more the tires will rub and the smaller they need to be. So adding spacers to a x12, which likely has a negative offset already, is only going to compound the issue. Spacers essentially change the offest of any wheel to a more negative one. These trucks like a positive offset and that is where you will see the least amount of rubbing. You would need to do a fair amount of cutting with an appropriately sized 35 on x12's. Forget the spacers, they aren't even necessary with those wheels. Trust me, they will stick out plenty.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright man well i just changed my mind the 22x11 are just too tall for me and the 20x12 look better to me. The wheel is a 20x12 fuel hostage black 6 on 5.5 and has a -44 offset. What else could i do so there is not allot of rubbing? I'm really interested in these rims and selling my rockstars.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
For what it's worth I would stay with the 18's you have. No disrespect to anyone who has 20's or bigger but I am not a fan. The reason is the widder the rim the less rubber there is to protect your investment if you take your truck offroad. If it is going to be a mall crawler that is different. As far as spacers go I am with STB on those. With the oversized tires you are going to run you are putting enough stress on your front. If you move the wheel/tires more outboard you are just adding that much more stress. More stress equals premature parts failure.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
You change your mind more times than a woman. :lol:
:rofl::rofl:

Jake, go to this page
http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?17732-Suspension-Tech-(Brakes-Wheels-amp-Tires) & click on all the stickies at the top. Just about every combination of wheel, tire & lift is covered there & also fixes from those who have had rubbing issues.

I have to agree that wheel spacers are a last resort. They're a royal PITA & are more of a band aid fix rather than a genuine solution.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks man i appreciate it! I looked some but will look more sometime today though. i am still wondering though the rim is a 20x12 6 on 5.5 and has a -44 offset will i have rubbing issues when i try to turn or what? I have minor rubbing with the 18x9 6 on 5.5 and 0 offset but isn't bad at all. Idk much about rim's i am learning more and more all the time but i am pretty sure i might have some rubbing issues with the front wheel well liners. The only way to go i guess would be a 3 inch body lift to clear them i am guessing? i plan on getting a body lift end of this year or next year and hopefully have the rim's that i want! Anymore info would be great guy's.
Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
593 Posts
The backspacing on those x12's is 4.75". The bs on your current wheels is 5". Thats not very much difference but it will push the Fuels out that much more than your current wheels. Now consider that you are adding 3" of width to those wheels. They will rub a lot and you will probably need to do some metal work in the fenders. If you choose to go this route do not add spacers!!!! The x12's will be putting great stress on your hubs/suspension to begin with. There was a guy who lost a wheel (hub and all) on the interstate running x12's with a spacer up front over on another forum.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah man thanks. I def. want add wheel spacers now but i wanna know how much cutting i would have to do to run 20x12's??.. I also like the 20x10 and 22x11 but would prefer the 20x10 over the 22x11's. I wouldn't have any problems would i with 20x10's since it's almsot the same?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I would just keep the wheels you have and get some 35" tall tires. I wonder what a SMALL red pinstripe would look like on your wheels? IMO when you get to big of a tire your truck starts to look more like a swamp buggy. Plus it take ALOT more power to turn those big tires.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I would just keep the wheels you have and get some 35" tall tires. I wonder what a SMALL red pinstripe would look like on your wheels? IMO when you get to big of a tire your truck starts to look more like a swamp buggy. Plus it take ALOT more power to turn those big tires.
Agreed.

x10's will be better, but most x10's have around 4.5" bs. If you are going to keep your 33's then you should be fine. If you step up to 35's you are still going to rub, unless you go with a 3" body. You should also be thinking of regearing, especially if you go with heavier wheels and taller tires.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys! Well i plan on buying new gears, body lift,tires, and rim's all at once but right now just trying to plan all of this out ahead of time so i want have to worry. The gear's i'm guessing 4.56's or 4.88's idk which would be better to run for power and i'm not too worried on gas mileage really at all? Idk where online to buy my gear's and also what the spec's are with my rear diff.? What is a good body lift and also comes with the front and rear bumper relocator's?

Also could i be able to go with 20x11's if possible having 10.5 inchs of lift?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Check out Randy's ring and pinion on the web if you want to buy your own gears. I had a local shop handle everything for me, because installing gears is not something for the novice to attempt IMO. I would strongly suggest going with 4.88's. I did and wow, what a difference! The truck is strong out of the hole and I gained 2.5+ mpg. Most folks I see that went with 4.56's regret not going with 88's. As far as body lifts go, it's either Zone or Performance Accessories. Both are good kits and will have everything you need. As far as 20x11's, I don't guess I've ever seen any.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts