GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2500 chevy guy tried to delete abs and brakes locking up he already put a 6.0 vortec engine in ..after driving more than 20 mins breaks lock up have to let it sit for few hours before it will un lock presure too high i have to old trucks can i fabricate and weld a plate to hold if it dont fit the vacuum booster from my 1500 chevy ck 88-98 i got 2 both before 94 ..simple vechiles ..i dont need good brakes im not racing i just need basic brakes ..help please

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
gm in the 1990's did a lot of ABS changes and software in the PCM/ECM software. you have to get your schematics to modify the wiring .and remove the ABS module ...front wheel sensors GM did a mess in the 1990's lots of rusted mess..
then my 2000 1500 LT the wheel bearings front hubs rusted out then the brake lines rusted out and the speed sensors rusted and the hubs lifted the speed sensors and the 5MPH had no brakes and caused many accidents .. factory parts POS.. I used timken front wheel bearings ..ABS module corroded and the circuit board had poor soldering .. then water got into the ABS module and the steel screws damaged the aluminum body covers.............................
INSPECT THE COMPLETE BRAKING SYSTEM ..............

·
Registered
228 Posts
Converting to Vacuum brake booster on a #2500 truck will exasperate your brake problems, Hydro boost is a very good system and has been around for a long time. Unless you cobbel something up the brake system wont work properly and due to low engine vacuum on HD trucks you will not have enough vacuum to operate the booste when you need it. Fix the ABS system properly and your problems will go away. Have the system checked for codes and a code reader wont read body or ABS codes so you will need a scanner such as Tech 2 or similar scanner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts