GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new to the forums. Just bought a 2008 Silverado 1500 LT, with 17"wheels, and want to put some bigger tires on it to give it a more aggressive stance. I've heard the best I can do without any suspension mods is 285/70/17's. Does anybody know if these will stick out of the wheel wells? I don't want to kick up gravel or tons of mud all the time. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
194 Posts
They will stick outside the wheel wells for sure! Especially when you are at turning-lock. I don't know what the laws are in your area, but your tires aren't suppose to be out past your fenders up here. Big ticket! A set of bushwacker fender flares will take care of that problem though. You will need somthing if you don't want to throw mud and rocks down the side of your new ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, that's what I figured. You're not supposed to have tires sticking out here, but they don't really enforce it...being the South and all.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i dont think they will stick out much if at all with the stock rims that is about a 32 11.5" tire or so... however it couldnt hurt to get a mild flare but flares are expensive prob lookin at 450 for a set of bushwackers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts