GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I asked this in Gary's skyjacker thread, but I thought I'd make it its own thread...
I have my 91 burb, and I want to lift it about 4 inches. However it's a 2WD truck, and I can't seem to find ANY lift kits for 2WD subs. Am I blind, or do they not expect people with 2wd suburbans to want to lift their trucks. Anyone got links to lift kits that would work for my suburban? thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
depending on the reason for the lift ---have you thought about a body lift? they would be the same for 2 or 4 wheel drive. the 2 wheel drive front end is a differet beast and if you look close at it you might find a small lift might be had just by swapping in taller spriings or coil overs or you will have to custom something. i can not recall a 2X4 suspension lift kit, sorry....mike

·
Super Moderator
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard that body lifts, especially big body lifts, don't look that great because you have all this empty space between the frame and the body. Am I right or wrong about that? I will probably be custom fabbing some diamondplate running boards/recovery toolboxes for the sides, but I still want everything looking real nice.

·
Registered
561 Posts
a body lift will increase the body to frame gap but there are easy fixes- you can readjust the bumpers and add "Lift Lips" they are rubber guards that cover the gap. i got a 3" body lift on top of the the 9" suspension lift on the bronco and it is getting the gaps coverd with rubber truck mud flaps.....mike

·
Registered
561 Posts
most state laws will not allow taller than a 3" body lift. i seen more and i seen stacked frames and stacked frames and spacer lifts. 3" is the most i go on a body lift and i toss the grade 5 bolts and use grade 8 and nylock nuts to make sure it stays tight- i heard bad things but i never had any issues...mike

·
Super Moderator
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think I like the gap that would be left when I lift it, not to mention it wouldn't solve my main concern for lifting, additional clearance for the trailer hitch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts