GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the lift kits that just install on top of the struts in the front and use a block for the rear leaf springs, has anyone ever used these? If so, are they quality? I wanna lift my truck but I like the factory ride and only have 30k miles on my truck so they are still in good condition. I found the kit on ebay,http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SILVERADO-1500-3-FRONT-REAR-LIFT-KIT-Z71-GMC-SIERRA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aChevroletQ7cModelQ3aSilveradoQ201500Q7cYearQ3a2008QQhashZitem3cb77d805aQQitemZ260776493146QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4668wt_1152 , check it out an let me know what you think.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I would say if you did run this kit your angles will be in bad shape. 3 inches is a lot in the front with out a diff drop or if you are 2wd your TRE's will still be looking bad. The price is great, but that also has to tell you something to, you get what you pay for. If your budget is kinda low I would look at the ReadyLift 2.25 level plus the rear blocks.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
As Alston said, you get what you pay for. Go with the ReadyLift kit.

·
Registered
593 Posts
That kit does nothing to address Upper Control Arms/Ball Joints, CV's etc. The front end would be a wreck and your ride would be very harsh because the UCA's would be riding on the droop stops.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
If you want to do a 3" lift the right way, check out Skyjackers 3" suspension lift. Its easy to install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts