GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought my BFG ATs today and i will start mounting them tomorrow but i had gone to 33s when i bought my HD wheels and now that they are bald I was thinking of taking the 31 off and putting the best of the tires that are running right now... anyone tried this and would you think there would be a problem, my only concern was hitting the rear shock in its travel. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
530 Posts
Would you try to explain what you are thinking in a different way. I'm not picking up what you're laying down.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
X2, I'm confused. Are you trying to put a 33" tire under the truck for a spare?????

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Would you try to explain what you are thinking in a different way. I'm not picking up what you're laying down.
I think what he's saying is taking the stock 31" spare tire off and replacing it with one of the worn 33" tires that are on the truck now to use as a spare when the current set of 33's get replaced. Am I right 2wheelmudder?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
TELORVEHC, I think your right. Sorry never tried to put a 33" in as a spare. I know my stock spare seems to be a very tight fit.

·
Registered
902 Posts
drop your spare and just hold the tire you want in place to get an idea of your clearances.....it'll prolly fit unless you have dual exhaust

·
Registered
275 Posts
I know on the OBS trucks, a 33 will not fit. My buddy can't put his 33's under it. Not sure if the newer trucks will be different though

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah you guys were right sorry it took so long to get back, i decided i will just keep my 31 on cuz by the time i got my 33s all balanced and mounted i was done they were a pain to balance

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
chiming in a touch late but I have a 35" in the spare tire spot. I do have the 2500 with the 6.5" bed so that may make a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts