GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying a set of 35's Nitto's soon after i get tax's back but idk if i want the Nitto Mud Grappler's or the Nitto Trail Grappler's? I have heard allot of good reviews on the Trail Grappler's and they also look aggresive and will last a while and also aren't loud going down the road. I'm thinking i will go with them since i don't do allot of off-roading but tell me what you guy's think ... Thanks.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I, personally, like the look of the Trail Grapplers better. As far as performance, noise, etc.... I can only comment on what I've read. But based on overall look alone, my vote is for the Trail Grapplers.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I vote for the Trail Grapps. I love mine and they look brand new and I have right at 8k miles on them. The only reason I didn't go with the mud grapes is the road noise and the side walls are a bit goofy looking.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
You'll be much happier with the Trails. The muds are noisey, don't last and don't ride as well as the Trails.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Trails by far in both looks and road noise. I agree with Ajarman, the mud grapplers look goofy. Ive had them pass me on the highway and they howl really loud. Go with trails!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol well i guess it will be the Trail Grapplers then guy's thanks for the help. I read on reviews online that the Trail Grappler is a mix between a mud grappler as far as performance off-road and has long tread life and low highway noise compared to a terra grappler. I have Cooper Stt's and they ride okay for a mud tire but i think the Trails will make a big difference in everything..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a pair of nitto trail grapplers on mine. My friend has a pair of mud grapplers on his truck and everytime I ride with him I have to turn the music up they are just annoying loud. The tread seems to last longer than the mud grapplers, they handle well, I think they look better, and they fit 22's haha

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea man i made my mind up i'm gonna go with the 35 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers and see how i like them. I believe i will like them from all what i have heard from everyone and online reviews.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'll be that guy and say mud grapplers! I think they look sick and give you the look of you mean business. I had procomp mud terrains on my old truck and I've never heard the whining noise people say they get from mud tires. I kinda wish I had it to be honest!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I say trail grapplers. I hear they last longer than the mud grapplers, plus they look better IMO.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had a little bit of uneven tread wear with my trail graps. I have over half tread gone on my set and are the quietest mud tire on the market in my opinion. My buddy had a set of KM2's and mine are quieter with half tread gone than his were with 2k on his. The trail graps are also pretty good off road. If you don't do very much offroading then you won't have a problem. :) I don't know where you are going to buy your set from but my local Firstone dealer gave me a heck of a deal on them with lifetime rotation and balance! Definitely worth paying the extra buck just to get the rotate and balance.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i'm getting mine offline from www.rimzoneonline.com for 1,250 bucks which isn't that bad considering the free shipping. I found allot of other sites that were cheaperlike 1,000 bucks but the thing was shipping costed 350 so it would have been more. I'm gonna get them rotated and balanced by my friend's dad's shop for a good price also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts