GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm thinking about swapping a 454 from the 350 in my '94 c1500. I have a fairly good idea of what needs to be replaced along with this project (transmission, drive shaft, rear end, ecm, harnesses, etc). I know there are different years for this engine, but I can't find any that are specifically for 1994 (I've found several, but all skip over years '94-'97). What engines are compatible to fit? Do the BBC come with fuel injection or would I have to do a conversion from carbed? Any info is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm pretty sure you would need to change some of the front suspension too, because of the heavier engine. They made the SS454 C1500 sometime in the 90's, and I'm pretty sure it was pre-Vortec, so 95 and earlier.

There might be frame strength differences as well, meaning if you transplant a 454, you may never have it as strong as a factory one. That doesn't mean it wouldn't work OK though. I mean, as long as you're not drag racing all the time. But, then again, not drag racing kind of defeats the purpose of the 454, right? ;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts