GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have a 2002 Trailblazer EXT and my 3rd brake light has stopped working. The dealer told me that it is rarely the bulbs and it needs to be replaced for $500. I removed it and attempted to replace the bulbs but could get the cover off after I removed the screws.

Any suggestions? Do I just go ahead and get it replaced?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
since you have the cover off replce the $1.50 bulb before paying that much for a third brake light... that is rediculous.... besides you have two more taillights and its only 50$ ticket if the cops actualy pull u over for it haha i know from experience.... however u will have to eventually get it fixed for inspection

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
since you have the cover off replce the $1.50 bulb before paying that much for a third brake light... that is rediculous.... besides you have two more taillights and its only 50$ ticket if the cops actualy pull u over for it haha i know from experience.... however u will have to eventually get it fixed for inspection
They are not regular bulbs like most people think, they used to be when they first started putting them in back in the 80’s.

Now they are LED’s in a sealed plastic housing. Sort of like the old sealed beam headlights were.

Here is a better price from LMC

Well the site is down this morning but the last time I looked the one for my 94 Burb was $100

If you think it is just one bulb you are sadly mistaken.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I admit I am sadly mistaken haha.... I must not have been thinkin that day or somethin hope you get it fixed for cheap!!!!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
don't worry pete you're not alone. I noticed mine was dead the other day and was sure it was just one bulb. I still have to check the fuses but it's just too damn cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts