GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new here. I have a 1994 1500 base truck with a 4.3 auto. IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS. It wont hardly run. It starts and dies, and it smells really rich. I have done the following to no avail.
Rebuilt the TBI
New map sensor
New coolant sensor
New TPS sensor
New ignition module on distributor
New idle air solenoid
I have unplugged 02 sensor, makes no difference. Have not checked fuel pressure, but it sure is smelling very very rich, and do not know about the converter, (but have plenty of exhaust) It does not have a crank sensor.Any ideas? I have trolled many sites and been reading up what I can find. I have done almost everything that I have read about. thanks in advance. D

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
There is a bunch of things that can cause this. You may want to post your question over on www.gmt400.com. that forum is just for 1988 to 1998 GM bodystyle trucks only. Lots of good info there.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Howdy and welcome. Before you spend any more money, check your fuel pressure. Even before you do that, take a bright flashlight and shine it into the throttle body while it’s running to check your spray pattern. It should be a fine mist cone with no drips.

·
Registered
13,327 Posts
And check the distributor cap and wires and plugs, I'm guessing you have spark plugs not firing

·
Registered
586 Posts
And check the distributor cap and wires and plugs, I'm guessing you have spark plugs not firing
On this thread he says he replaced the cap and rotor, maybe not plugs? A little more info as to what he did in it.

·
Registered
13,327 Posts
On this thread he says he replaced the cap and rotor, maybe not plugs? A little more info as to what he did in it.
There's the problem posting two threads, conflicting information.

Good luck OP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts