GM Truck Club Forum banner

4L60E to 4L65E 2007 gmc sierra nnbs

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Accelo 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2007 gmc sierra nnbs from the auction and the transmission was missing.
I got my hands on a 4L65E "9LPD" . I was wondering what is needed to install with out any issues or any tips on what i may have to change.
mind you the 65e does not have the pnp plug on the side like the 60e.
any help is appreciated.
Thanks - Rick

#2 ·
06 to 09 use the 15 pin connector. Be sure the connector is correct. A couple different
The TAG ID 9LPD tag is for a 2009 GMC PICKUP C1500 4.8L 2WD 4L65E TRANSMISSION
You may have gotten lucky here. Confirm the converter bolts up to the flex plate before you attempt to install it.
Remember you will need the dipstick tube an converter bolts.

#4 ·
There is nothing at all that connects the transmission to a neutral safety switch, yes on trucks there is a PNP switch on the side with the manual shaft going through it, that switch only tells the pcm if it's in park or neutral (and turns the reverse lights on) you can remove anything on any factory equipped 4L60E/4L65E/4L70E that has anything to do with neutral safety, tie the wires together so it'll let the starter run. It's that simple. signal is coming from the stock pressure switch manifold inside the transmission. For park and neutral it reads 1st. There should be another wire to the pcm from the neutral safety switch on the shifter that signals the pcm that its in park or neutral.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.