GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good night.

how do I determine which pilot bearing to use, the rolling one, which is bigger or the smaller on that sits further back in the crank?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Good day.

I drained the NV3500 I installed in the truck, the little oil that came out was extremely dirty.

I was told that I can fill it with diesel, let sit for a few minutes and drain. Is that a good idea?

Can I use the oil it the photo to refill the gear box ?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This really have me puzzled, and I know it’s simple. However it’s been kicking my you know what for almost 2 weeks.

I can’t press the clutch, it’s hard.

Back story.

installed and tried to bleed the clutch, on the vehicle. I didn’t get it to work. I took the system off of the truck and bleed it on the bench, I got all of the bubbles out and installed it, finally it worked, was able to shift into all gears. 😁

the following day tried starting it, and it wouldn’t crank, I discovered the pedal was hard again. So I took the master cylinder and slave oil again, dumped the fluid out, and started over. When it was completed, I installed it in the truck and it worked.

now the same thing is happening again, the pedal is hard.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
It’s quite possible that the slave cylinder piston is misaligned. Try removing the slave, then, while it’s out, depress the piston fully. Once it bottoms out, carefully reinsert it. I had the same thing happen last winter when I installed my new one.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
There’s enough time as it won’t immediately spring back.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts