GM Truck Club Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yes it go into gear really easy when I turn the truck off. I also noticed, that if the truck is in reverse, the engine won’t shut off right away. This only happen when I turn the truck off in reverse.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
Hmmmm, that is weird.
I haven't played with a clutch in 20 years and yours is probably hydraulic.

Is there any adjustment that will increase pedal travel?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It is hydraulic. I tried putting a longer rod in the slave cylinder. It didn’t make a difference. I may have to get a mechanic to have a look at it.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
I'll see what I can find as well.

Is there any adjustments on the pedal?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Good morning.

There is no adjustment for pedal travel.

I think the problem is with the clutch not releasing fully, the truck will start in gear but you will fell the truck jerk when the engine first roll over.

there is an inspection hole on the transmission, at first I would see the end of the clutch fork in the middle of that hole, now it well pass the hole, toward the back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I will pull it to see what’s going on with that. Any idea where I can get a new pivot ball and a speed sensor. This is a NV3500. Also is there and adapter, where I will be able to mount an internal slave

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I finally got around to pulling the gearbox. I found that I installed the release bearing into the clutch fork incorrectly. It’s working perfectly now.
Can anyone tell me why, when I turn the truck off, with it in reverse, the engine would continue to run.

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,216 Posts
Sounds like something got bypassed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I purchased a 05 Silverado 2500hd today, with a bad chassis. It is 4x4 automatic trans. Will the transfer case from that truck bolt to a NV4500?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Good morning.
01 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Gas,
Suddenly started to run rough yesterday, I change the fuel filter thinking it might be obstructed. Still ran rough for about 1/4 mile, then ran normal all the way home. (7 miles) got back in it to go to the store it’s running rough again. I unplugged the connection for the coils on the drivers side and the he engine didn’t react, unplugged the drivers side and it shut down, is it possible that all 4 coils went bad at once?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
No difference in behavior when you plugged that non-responsive bank back in?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Would be a good thing to check fuse #11 in the fuse panel on the driver side fender.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The coils are firing, the injectors are working. I had someone come by and he said, there’s a possibility of the intake manifold is cracked, because when he cover it, the truck doesn’t shut off right away, which means it’s sucking air from somewhere, causing more fuel to be required which is fouling out the plugs.
I cleaned the injectors yesterday and changed the plugs and it ran perfectly.

that is above my pay grade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m not even sure how you would go about programming the computer. I’m certain there are some great shops that can do it for you. There are some skilled tuner guys on here that will be along to provide better guidance.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
you have to check the fuel pressure. fuel pump fails when filter is dirty and also keep the fuel in the tank 1/4 above ...
fuel pressure Key on eng off 60-65 psi.. engine on 53-57psi... if its below 52 psi engine power shakes.. 46psi will stall.
if you get a fuel pressure gauge with a drain valve on it engine on open drain valve and if the fuel runs strong looks good .. if it dribbles then fuel pump problem .. check the voltage at the fuel pump if pressure is low.. if volts are good then change it..

41 - 59 of 59 Posts