GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems like my deceleration is a louder than it used to be when in 4HI. i did my monthly "switch it to 4wd for a block or two" to exercise the demons and it was making an almost rubbing type noise. it was also a little louder during acceleration but would quiet down when i reached the speed i wanted to go.

think fluids might need topped off or should i get on the ground in the rain and poke around before winter comes at us.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Check the fluids and lube all the grease fittings.
How cold was it outside when you drove? The CV boots will make a rubbing sound in cold weather, the rubber stiffens some, after they warm-up some they get quiet.
Also if it was cold the gear oil needs to warm some to be more effective. If it's cold out try driving a few miles on surface streets to warm the gear oil and get better circulation in the axle and T-case.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the fluids and lube all the grease fittings.
How cold was it outside when you drove? The CV boots will make a rubbing sound in cold weather, the rubber stiffens some, after they warm-up some they get quiet.
Also if it was cold the gear oil needs to warm some to be more effective. If it's cold out try driving a few miles on surface streets to warm the gear oil and get better circulation in the axle and T-case.
it was a little cold but not anything close to how it will be in a months time. the truck wasnt fully warmed up either so that could have been the issue as well.

here's to hoping. :glasses:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any more info on this? I have a louder growling when I decel, like where there is a load on the drivetrain, if I am just coasting along or mainting a certain speed its fine. Which leads me to beleive it can not be the CV boots etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts