‘02 Suburban 2500/‘08 Suburban 2500
Probably not the best timing on my part to see if my new to me 95 Tahoe's 4x4 works but here's where I am at. Over the weekend dropped trans pan and replaced fluid/filter and shift solenoids and at the same time checked fluid levels in the center transfercase and front "diff"/gearbox.
- Center transfercase was full, slowly backed the drain plug out and the fluid that seeped out was nice and clean.
- Pulled fill plug from the top of the front diff/gearbox, stuck my finger in there and could not feel any fluid at all. 1.5QT of 80W90 later, it starts to seep out the hole and I can feel the fluid level with my finger. I'm not sure how long it has been like this, I have driven the truck about 5-600 miles and have never activated the 4x4.
- Slow to 1-2mph
- Shift truck to neutral (N)
- Pull 4x4 lever down to 4H
- Shift truck to drive (D)
- Drive the truck and there is a speed sensitive buzz/whurr while driving.
- ABS kicking in as I come to a stop 0:14 sec mark
- Once I start going again, buzz/whurrr is gone