GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Suburban 5.7 1500 4x4 and have changed out my dist cap and rotor, all pluge and wires, both cat converts and idol sensor. When I pulled my plugs #3 and #5 there was alot of build up. I spoke to a mechanic and he told me that I might have a clogged injector. I don't have the money or time to put my truck into the shop and I don't mind getting dirty fixing it. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, my 4 wheel drive is not responding. It was working just the other day now the lights on my 2 low and 4 low and high are not even on. When I press them nothing happens. Help please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well both of my plugs, 3 & 5, looked the same but the codes only say #5 is misfiring. Yes my check engine light is continually on and flashes every no and then. I know when it flashes that it means a cycl is misfiring. My engine runs great and it has 300,000 miles. I am being told by a few mechs that it could be a fuel injector problem, but that is very involved and aroud $600 for DYI. Thanks for the info and I will try to post in the NM forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts