GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night, me and some buddies were out cruisin. I ended up driving my truck through some ditches. I hit a pretty steep one sooner or later and got stuck pretty bad. I imagine I was givin her the lead foot pretty good. But I dont remember. I pulled it out the next morning with a tractor and then drove her home. The truck acted fine for the 3 mile drive. I left for town about an hour later and made it about 10 miles and it started sputtering. It idled while i was driving but once i hit the gas to try and accelerate again, it would bog down. Once I came to a complete stop, it shut off and wouldn't start. I towed it home and again and let it sit over night. I've seen the same symptoms happen to other trucks and it turned out to be the fuel pump most times, but not always. I was wondering if anyone had the same problems and it turned out to be something different. I just figured I would try the cheap fixes first before I wanted to dive into replacing a fuel pump because its not a lot of fun. Thanks for any help! Oh and and its not spittin any engine codes, I have a predator so I could read them if it would.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I would check the fuel pressure first. It's a lot easier than replacing a pump that you might not need. AutoZone & other parts stores will loan you a guage if you leave a refundable deposit with them.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Was the ditch you got stuck in full of water??

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Was the ditch you got stuck in full of water??
that was going to be one of my questions as well. Also since you were going through ditches make sure all the connections are still good and tight. if there was mud/water check to see if some got into the filter housing MAF sensor area. you can try cleaning that if thats the case (only use MAF sensor cleaner). With the fuel pump I know I can hear mine if I'm standing next to the fuel tank, so obviously check fuel pressure but if have someone turning it on listen at the tank to listen for the fuel pump. Maybe mine is just loud (i'm on the 3rd one, all AC Delco).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd say it was swampy but not standing water at all. Ill have to pressure wash the under carriage as well as i can and just look everything over and check my fuel pressure.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that was going to be one of my questions as well. Also since you were going through ditches make sure all the connections are still good and tight. if there was mud/water check to see if some got into the filter housing MAF sensor area. you can try cleaning that if thats the case (only use MAF sensor cleaner). With the fuel pump I know I can hear mine if I'm standing next to the fuel tank, so obviously check fuel pressure but if have someone turning it on listen at the tank to listen for the fuel pump. Maybe mine is just loud (i'm on the 3rd one, all AC Delco).
Thanks for the help. I wouldnt have thought to clean my MAF sensor. I cleaned it, my filter, replaced the fuel pressure regulator and it runs like a top.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Glad the problem was fixed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts