GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm putting new mids and highs in my 99 z71 extended cab. I got 6.5" for the rears and I started to cut out for them but started looking and I looks like they are gonna hit the door. anyone else tryed this?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Hey guys I'm putting new mids and highs in my 99 z71 extended cab. I got 6.5" for the rears and I started to cut out for them but started looking and I looks like they are gonna hit the door. anyone else tryed this?
What do you mean "hit the door"?

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
they are too deep for the door he's trying to put them in most probably. Your solution is most likely going to be building a outrigger-type box off the door to give the additional depth required or to just not put the speaker in that door, or of course finding a shallower speaker.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah you may have to build it out a little get some mdf and make a ring to give you the space you need or get a shallow mount speaker like he said. if you get a piece of wood for it then you can paint or cover with fabric so it mounts and looks good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats what I thought. I think I'm going to go with 5.25. I'm still gonna have to do some cutting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the 5.25's in there just fine just took a lil cutting not much maybe a 2 hour install. Thank god for Dremmel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts