GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a 6" lift to run 35" tire and was wondering if anyone has this lift/tire combo. if you do, did you have to upgrade your diff gears as well or is the loss in acceleration negligible? I don't tow anything over 2K lbs. Also, what is your overall height from roof line to pavement?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I'm looking to get a 6" lift to run 35" tire and was wondering if anyone has this lift/tire combo. if you do, did you have to upgrade your diff gears as well or is the loss in acceleration negligible? I don't tow anything over 2K lbs. Also, what is your overall height from roof line to pavement?

thanks!
What year Silverado do you have Pete? What's the configuration overall too?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pete,

I'm running a 6" Superlift kit with 35" Pro Comp tires on my '00 1500 Z71 extended cab. If your going to put larger tire on you truck it wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade your gears accordingly, I haven't done mine yet but it's on my list of things to do. Also, your speedometer is going to be off by 10% ie speedometer will show 40 mph but you'll actually be going 45.
The height of the truck is going to increase by around 8 inches. I'm not sure what my truck was before but now the top of the cab sits right around 6'-10 to 6'-11. Just short enough for me to still get it into the garage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 4xBill, that's exactly what I needed to know!
What gear ratio are you planning on going to? 3.73 or 4.11?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was planning on putting 4.56 gears in but this is based on research I had odne over the internet. I'd want to talk to the guys at 4 Wheel Parts before I did anything as I'm planning to do it myself.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My '01 chevy 1500 4x4 has a 6" fabtech lift with 35's and 17" weld racing wheels. Everything works real well, I have stock gears, wish they were a little lower though.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i would say go with a 4.56 for 35 inch tires as well. gears are not cheap tho and cost a lot toinstall unless you know how to do them yourself

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i would say go with a 4.56 for 35 inch tires as well. gears are not cheap tho and cost a lot toinstall unless you know how to do them yourself
X3 and I wouldn't do gears by myself because if you screw em up, your screwed.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I have a Pro Comp 6" lift, with 35x12.50 Pro Comp All-Terrain tires. I had a Detroit Locker, and a set of 5.13's put in it. I had a 4.10 in it and it ate right through it, I have a lead foot. Anyways the 5.13's I bought were from Richmond, and they set me back $1,000 bucks baby! And by the way my truck is slow as hell now, but when I use the four wheel drive it is a BEAR!!!!...........TRPLXL2:rofl:
http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1705&stc=1&d=1231979709

·
Registered
254 Posts
i got 35's i haven't done gears yet but i do want to upgrade my gears someday doesnt have to be done but sure would help alot

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I have 05 crewcab z71 with skyjacker 6in lift with edelbrock remote reservoir shocks, rancho front skid plate (works well along with skyjacker skidplate), 35in bfgs on 17x9 m/t simulocks,4.10 precision gears. they are a good compromise since i do alot of highway driving. i had 96 suburban with 4.56s with 37in bfg m/ts. i have heard that 5.13s are weak because to get all those teeth on the small gm 10 bolt ring and pinion the teeth are thin. i worked at a 4x4 shop for over eight years and i did not set up gears but the guy who did was great at it, it is an ART in itself. Also i use diablo predator for my tire and wheel change. these diablos are great. go to the diablo forum and you can learn to custom tune yourself. it takes time, but you CAN do it. there is alot of good custom tuners out there, but ever time you want a change are go to the dealer or other mech. you cant return truck to stock tune as you can do with a programmer. i have hypertech and superchips for paper weights. Also granatelli maf is at bottom of my pond(what a piece of crap, in my opinion) hope this info helps, any???s

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 6in procomp kit qith 35x12.5x20 wheels. I do recomend re-gearing your diffs, which need to do. but if you have a v8 you would be alright untill you re-gear.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I have 05 crewcab z71 with skyjacker 6in lift with edelbrock remote reservoir shocks, rancho front skid plate (works well along with skyjacker skidplate), 35in bfgs on 17x9 m/t simulocks,4.10 precision gears. they are a good compromise since i do alot of highway driving. i had 96 suburban with 4.56s with 37in bfg m/ts. i have heard that 5.13s are weak because to get all those teeth on the small gm 10 bolt ring and pinion the teeth are thin. i worked at a 4x4 shop for over eight years and i did not set up gears but the guy who did was great at it, it is an ART in itself. Also i use diablo predator for my tire and wheel change. these diablos are great. go to the diablo forum and you can learn to custom tune yourself. it takes time, but you CAN do it. there is alot of good custom tuners out there, but ever time you want a change are go to the dealer or other mech. you cant return truck to stock tune as you can do with a programmer. i have hypertech and superchips for paper weights. Also granatelli maf is at bottom of my pond(what a piece of crap, in my opinion) hope this info helps, any???s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts