GM Truck Club Forum banner

60k service

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kraziken 
#1 ·
I'm a do it yourself kind of guy, but I'm working on renovating my house, so I have to choose my battles.

How much should a 60k service cost? I called one of the dealers close to me and they wanted $1000 for servicing my 1991 Burban.

I tried to look for a list of what a 60k should cover, but I haven't found anything. If you know of a source that shows everthing for a 60k it would be appreciated. I might try to do some of the minor items myself.

Thanks
Ken

#2 ·
Sure, half of it you can do yourself at least. Take your time. Tune up: Plugs,wires,cap,rotor. Fuel filter,air filter. Grease all joints. Inspect brakes, axle seals. Do one job at a time. We'd be glad to walk you thru it. Its fun and rewarding to do some jobs yourself. Let us know where you want to start.

#3 ·
This was posted in an older thread by 84fiero123 so he gets the credit here but this is the link for his post in which you can accuire a digital owners manual that should list suggested maintenace intervals and what should be maintained.

#4 ·
This was posted in an older thread by 84fiero123 so he gets the credit here but this is the link for his post in which you can accuire a digital owners manual that should list suggested maintenace intervals and what should be maintained.
Nice link. Unfortunately the cut off for age is 1993 apparently.

When I asked the service department, part of the tasks was to service the 4wd drivetrain, which I definately have not done before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.