GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of our racers, or ex-racers have a ballpark idea of how much cfm the stock TBI will flow on the 7.4l engine?
I've tried to look up the part number listed on the TBI, but I come up with nothing.

I'm not looking to modify it, or change it out, but I want to input the right figures in my desktop dyno, so I can get an idea of what kind of improvement I should expect from my rebuild.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I think there is a site that rebuilds injectors, I remember someone sending his in on my Fiero forum. I believe they have specs. For all types of injectors on their site.

I’ll go see if I can find the link, just may take some time. If I don’t forget what I went over there for. lol

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I believe this is the place but I really didn’t look to see what info was available, so you will have to do a search to see.

They are reasonable though when you consider the average price of a new injector is $150

http://www.accurateis.com/

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate it.:smile:
If you find it it will be more than I've found so far.

I've seen a lot of replacement/upgrade TBI sites, and I was hoping to catch a statement of "flows __% over stock" At least then I could get an idea of what the stock figures are. But no one seems to make that kind of statement. Just my luck...:lol:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Do any of our racers, or ex-racers have a ballpark idea of how much cfm the stock TBI will flow on the 7.4l engine?
I've tried to look up the part number listed on the TBI, but I come up with nothing.

I'm not looking to modify it, or change it out, but I want to input the right figures in my desktop dyno, so I can get an idea of what kind of improvement I should expect from my rebuild.
I've never really looked for it but it looks to be around 500 CFM

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never really looked for it but it looks to be around 500 CFM
That's kind of what I was thinking, but I was on Ebay and someone was offering a "high flow" that ran around 590cfm, and it said it could support up to a 406CI engine max.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts