GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
AWESOME! I solder the ring terminal connections as well after crimping them.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
1997 Suburban LS K1500
2 Posts
Good morning. I'm a few years late to this thread, but hoping someone sees this. I have a 1997 Suburban and am wanting to go from a 4-flat to a 7 pin to provide 12v to my trailer for interior lights. I saw another thread last week (but I can't find it now) that mentioned a "light duty" & a "heavy duty" harness that are pre-installed at the factory. I understand the orange and blue wires and have already located them. My concern is what I am finding at the rear of my vehicle... the accompanying pics show what the existing connection is and the bundled wires on the drivers side. My questions are, 1) Is what is connected the "heavy duty" harness? 2) Why does the bundled group appear to have a larger white (ground?) wire? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
You should have a rear wiring connector under the bed (I expect the pic you loaded is that connector). You can buy a 7 pin harness that will plug into that connector. That will provide the outside trailer lights.
But, you may need to run wires, to the connector, for the inside trailer lights (12v aux) and brakes if you need 'em.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts