GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Swapping out a 700r4 for a 4L80E in a 92 RCSB. Using a TCI EZ-TCU as the Trans controller. Want to keep the factory gauges, etc. The VSS coming off the 700 is a 2 wire twisted pair. Can I tap into the rear output wires on the 4L80E to keep the DRAC happy?

The TCI unit has a single wire for a "speedo" but it puts out a Square wave signal which i believe is incompatible with the DRAC as i understand it. The TCI unit does have programmable PPM which can be set to 4000 for what i can tell is the factory signal rate. I have the wiring diagrams but they show a "hi" and "Low" signal for the 4l80 output sensor and just 2 simple, non description wires for the 700r4 VSS. Any information is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you made any progress on this? I am kind of in the same boat. Just swapped out the 454/700r4 for a 6.0/4L80e ran by a terminator x max. I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to keep the factory gauges

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you made any progress on this? I am kind of in the same boat. Just swapped out the 454/700r4 for a 6.0/4L80e ran by a terminator x max. I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to keep the factory gauges
No, I haven't had a chance to install the transmission yet. I THINK it should hookup to the vss from the factory side harness no problem. What the DRAC reads will be interesting. If it doesn't work wiping directly to the existing harness there is ther Dakota Digital module that looks like it could convert the sine wave to square drive output but as of now I haven't bought it. Will update once I get the transmission in the truck. I will say check out Caspers Electronics if you want simple plug and play adapter harnesses, they have helpful items to create "plug and play" wire solutions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts