GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm doing a body swap on a GMC 2500, and the truck had a plate on either side of the box covering the lower front portion of each wheel well. ( Images attached ) I was wondering if somebody could tell me the name of these, and where I might purchase a set.

I've been searching all over the net, but it's hard to find something when you don't know what it's called. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Sorry I don't know the official name for them, but we called them knee pads. Try LMC truck, or any of the auto aftermarket manufacturers who also carry a truck line.
The one in your pic looks brand new. Where did you get that one?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That one was on the truck when I got it. I plan on reusing the both of them, but would like to order up another set just so I have them.

Edit: I managed to find an LMC catalog that was laying around the house, and I found what I was searching for.

They were 'Stainless Steel Fender Rock Shields'
About 30 bucks a set. Part number 38-1940.

I still can't find them on the net. I've tried searching the catalog on their site, and searching by part number, but with no luck.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Glad you found the part number. Since they're in the catalog, just call them with the pn# & order a pair over the phone. Their online catalog is a little bit lame.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I havent seen a set of those since the mid 70's, my dad put them on a 74 Chevy truck he had, I think at that time he bought them from J.C. Whitney.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts