GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am a newbie to the board and want to connect with other "forgotten years" owners. I think they have been forgotten because most have rusted to the frame by now. Mine is a '78 bought new by my dad. It is still a daily driver with 140,000 on the odometer. Runs as new and except for lots of new sheetmetal, is original with a 2bbl 305 & TH350. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wecome to the site!! I have a 78 Silverado that was bought new by my Grandfather. It's got around 200,000 miles on it. I have rebuilt the original 454 a couple of times now, but it runs perfect everytime I drive it and will pass anything but a gas station.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rat Motor

Even with a 305 my truck is all over the place when it rains. With a big block I guess you just have to idle along when it is slick. These old truck do ride nice though. I live just outside D.C. and have started seeing more of the 73 - 81 trucks lately, maybe they are growing in popularity. I will never part with mine. It is like a part of the family. If my engine ever lets go I wil probably stay with a small block and add fuel injection. What kind of shape is your interior in? My seat is original but worn out. I am going to put late model buckets with a console.

John

·
Registered
39 Posts
got any pics would like to see this truck i have a 77 sierra grande stepside i love these trucks my interior is in pretty good shape seat doesnt have any rips only bad thingis the dash is cracked pretty bad but it has under 100000 miles on it it has the 350 with a carter quadrajet and turbo 350 i think you'll likemine

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 83 scottsdale and love it. Belive it or not i'm the second and forth owner of it thats how much i love it and i'm planning on being the last owner they can burry me in all i care.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts