GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am a newbie to the board and want to connect with other "forgotten years" owners. I think they have been forgotten because most have rusted to the frame by now. Mine is a '78 bought new by my dad. It is still a daily driver with 140,000 on the odometer. Runs as new and except for lots of new sheetmetal, is original with a 2bbl 305 & TH350. Thanks.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rat Motor

Even with a 305 my truck is all over the place when it rains. With a big block I guess you just have to idle along when it is slick. These old truck do ride nice though. I live just outside D.C. and have started seeing more of the 73 - 81 trucks lately, maybe they are growing in popularity. I will never part with mine. It is like a part of the family. If my engine ever lets go I wil probably stay with a small block and add fuel injection. What kind of shape is your interior in? My seat is original but worn out. I am going to put late model buckets with a console.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.