GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
New to this forum, but not auto forums in general. Coming from a 330 whp 08 Civic si to an 85 Silverado. Bought the truck for 2300. The guy had $9300 in receipts. It has a 350 4 bolt main crate motor from napa, edelbrock aluminum heads, high compression pistons, edelbrock 4 barrel carb, edelbrock RPM cam, edelbrock timing gears. Pretty much the edelbrock top end kit. Custom leather seats inside, turbo 350 trans. with jegs shift kit. All in all, i was buying it for the work the guy did. He replaced most of the suspension (ball joints, springs, etc.). Needs some more work of course. Inside dash etc. is trashed, and it's ugly on the outside. No surface rust though! Guy got tired of working on it since he couldn't figure out why it was running crappy. I've heard an estimate of 450-500 hp from what's in it, but i'm not sure. Anyway, I had to advance the timing 20 degrees, and that helped a bit, but i think the valve springs may be too tight, so i'm going to loosen them up in a bit. Coming from a Honda, I definately love the pricing on parts for this truck, and of course, the sound! Hooker header to straight pipe is beautiful. Anyway, just figured i'd introduce myself!

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C ! I had an '85 when it was new. I like that body style.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the club....A lot of way cool stuff on that.... Good luck and have fun with it.....

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club. You got a sparkling deal with $9,300. in parts & you got it for $2300. I'd like to find some deals like that :)

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. Truck defiantely needs work. so far timing was off, loosened valve springs but still not a lot of power. I'm guessing cam is lined up wrong. Glad to hear you all think i got a great deal! I figure I put 1500 into it, including paint and it will be an awesome truck.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome to the site!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts