GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
86 s10 reg cab long box 2wd.
I originally thought it was the wheel bearings. Those have been replaced. The noise/sensation is still there. It is a thunk thunk thunk noise, typically at lower speeds and becomes more prominent when I apply the breaks turning left. I inspected both front calipers, they are fine. The front left shock needs replacement, however I don't see how this could be the issue. All 3 u joints on the drive shaft seem OK, I did notice a decent amount of play in the carrier bearing mount... could this be it? Im confused as to why when I turn left specifically it gets worse. Also it seems to vanish at higher speeds. I appreciate any and all input
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Five if you count the spare.

Maybe one of the 2 on the front has a broken belt
Touche.
I will inspect the tires, although it is unlikely, as these tires have less then 10,000km. And i assume i would feel it in the steering wheel more if it was a tire problem? I can feel it through the floor pan with my hand

·
Registered
718 Posts
It may help if you find a place where you can drive right next to a wall and listen, you may be able to hear where it's coming from. Someone can ride in the back for a better idea?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts