GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I bought an 87 Suburban back in December, then shortly after found out we're having a 4th child come September. Originally, I wasn't too worried about the third seat, and was more interested in cargo space. However, now that we have a new kid coming, I really need the third seat. My question is what year seats will work with the 87? Are they all interchangeable, or is it just the 81-87? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Rick,
I believe its interchangeable from 81 to 91. don't quote me on it. I have a 91 4wd suburb which I'm using for parts it has a third seat and my 86 4wd suburb don't. But they look pretty much identical. But I have to take out the brackets out of the 91 put it into the 86. I may have to do some modifications but it looks like it can be done. I'm also tearing out all the seats, upholstery,vinyl moldings,doors and carpets and putting it onto the 86. I'll let you know if it all fits.

91 4wd Gmc Burban (diesal) using for parts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to find out for sure which years will directly swap without changing anything. I want to make sure I can buy the seat and snap it in and go. But yes, please let me know. Thanks for the response. :)

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts