GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Looking for some help. Looking to buy our next family car and would like 9 seats if possible or at least buy something that I can pretty easily adapt to a 9-seater. I am looking at 10th or preferably 11th gens.

I know the LS came with a 9-seat option, but they are super hard to find. Does anyone know if all I need is to find an LS and I shouldn’t have any issues swapping out the console? Could I also do this with an LT? Or are we talking complicated either way unless it came from the factory as a 9-seater?

greatly appreciate any feedback! Seems to be pretty hard to find info on this on the web.

·
Registered
14,738 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site.

I have the sales glossy for the 2010 Suburban.
The LS standard front seat is a cloth 40, 20, 40 three person seat,
The LT standard is a set of cloth buckets.

The cloth buckets are an option on the LS.

The 2nd row, in LS and LT trim, is a 3 person.
The optional 2nd row seat for the LT is buckets.

The 3rd row seat is a 3 person seat all trims.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, welcome to the site.

I have the sales glossy for the 2010 Suburban.
The LS standard front seat is a cloth 40, 20, 40 three person seat,
The LT standard is a set of cloth buckets.

The cloth buckets are an option on the LS.

The 2nd row, in LS and LT trim, is a 3 person.
The optional 2nd row seat for the LT is buckets.

The 3rd row seat is a 3 person seat all trims.

Hope this helps
That does help a little. I am more interested in confirming an 11th gen, but that is good to know about a 2010. You would think if the buckets were an option as well as the bench for an LS that they would be easily interchangeable.

Anyone have any idea where I can find more info on something like this? Is it worth calling a local dealership and trying to talk to a tech?

·
Registered
14,738 Posts
They are very easily changed over, we have lots of threads on the seat/console swap for many of the generations.
I helped a buddy do the seat to console swap on a 2003, or a 2004, Silverado, it was an easy job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you could post some links I would greatly appreciate it. I just searched for console and went through 4+ pages of posts but did not see anything other than people with trucks swapping out jumper seats for consoles.

·
Registered
14,738 Posts
Those are the threads, the seat is called a jump seat around here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts