GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I would like to say thank you in advance. Giving your knowledge to strangers for free is awesome.

Restoring:
1991 Chevy C1500 xcab long box
350 V8 5 Speed 4x4

First problem. It needs a steering column. Pretty sure the knuckle at the tilt is broken. Does it matter if I put an automatic column in it or will it need to be a manual transmission column and what years will plug and play?

Last problem. It needs a rear. I know it's 3.73 ratio 10 bolt cover option GT4. What years will bolt straight on and can it come out of a Suburban / Blazer etc... ?

Again, thanks in advance.

Salute

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
88 through 94. The interior changed in 95. Rear ends should be the same from 88 through 98, and yes Tahoe, and Suburban are the same.

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,088 Posts
Howdy and welcome, Donnie. What symptoms do you have with your steering column?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys people.

This is the redneck rig job and the way I bought it. I dont even know what to make of it. I guess anything is repairable. I downloaded the exploded diagram of the column and I believe there are something like 133 individual parts. I prefer to replace it if I can find a scrap yard column for $100 or less.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
That’s seriously messed up. Sorry, Bro.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
So, to your original question about which column to look for, if you can find another manual transmission version, that would be the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts