GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
92 suburban dash light does not come on.

Hello everyone i am new to this site. I did search on the subject but haven't found any answers. My suburban dashlight dont come on at night but the abs light that was already on does. The headlights come on also the guages work. The fuse is not blown. I have read that it might be the switch if this is true what switch.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
The head light switch.
If the parking lights and the headlights work and theres no blown fuses the next step is to check the headlight switch.
Its about a $25 part at Auto Zone.
If you know a little about electronics you could bypass the switch with a jumper to verify the lights and circuit work, that would leave the switch as the only culprit since it recieves power from the same harness that signals the headlight relay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TB i appreciate the help. This truck is my baby i bought it when i came back from the war.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright i replacedthe headlight switch and it fixed that problem. i got the part for 12 bucks.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
alright i replacedthe headlight switch and it fixed that problem. i got the part for 12 bucks.
Glad to hear feedback on repairs that work. The 90's burbs are famous for headlight switch faults. Mine is on the way out. I have to jiggle it sometimes for the dash lights to come one.

Thank you for your service to our country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts