GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
The motor mount is an issue because it knocks everything out of alignment and can wear the seals on your transmission which are what keeps the fluid in. I would try changing out the fluid and filter in that thing and use the correct fluid as Ethan said because the 700R4 takes DexronII my 99 tahoe which i thought used the same fluid actually uses Dexron IV I also put a pint of Lucas transmission treatment in mine but it's had an issue with the torque converter lockout solenoid in the past and i was able to swap it out easy enough because it was on the front of the transmission inside the pan. (I did get a code in the computer telling me it was going out though) but i swapped it out and haven't had a problem since. not telling you what to do but that's what happened with mine when it started acting funny on me. but yeah if the fluid is burned then you may have to rebuild it or maybe try that half fluid swap out though i don't really see that working well. Heat is the number one killer of transmisisons and fluid so if you manage to get by without any major repairs then you may want to look into an external transmission cooler too. they do help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts