GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bottom section below the cab has a few medium sized rust holes in it and i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for me...also i was looking to put a loud muffler on it....its a 4.3 but has a mellow rumble to it already any suggestions??---also my power steering fluid drains out in one day and i cannot tell where it is coming from ---ne ideas???

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
as for the power steering pump a line is not connected right or cracked or your seals are completely shot and your gonna need a new pump... they are not too expensive and are not bad to put in..... as for the rust mine is getting a few rust spots in the same exact spot :( however there is a paint called POR-15 that is a rust inhibiter and works phenomenally... you just have to paint it on over the rust and it is done... it is guarenteed to never rust again... the only problem is that it is black and judging by your picture your truck is not black so you may have to take the good with the bad... i was thinking of using POR on the whole bottom part where the rust is and covering it with chrome trim you can get from LMC Truck that goes on the bottom side of your truck, like the silver part of your truck... the picture of the the truck im attaching has it.. you may not like it but i thought id suggest it

·
Registered
63 Posts
I,ve used POR-15 quite a bit , 1- it also comes in silver 2- they have a primer that goes over it so you can use any kind of paint you want to.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Those rust holes are you able to get to them? If so what id do is go to body shop supply house and get a qt. of All steel, is what its called . better than bondo hardens like steel. grind out all rust. apply the steel, sand prime, paint then under coat it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts