GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 93 suburban. Extremely well taken care of. However, the interior lights do not come on when the doors are opened. I pulled the dash switch, and it was sorta melted on the backside. So I left it out. The lights work fine if you roll the interior light switch till it clicks. The doors just don't have any affect on anything.
If I understand how the switch USED to work, you pressed it once, and the lights worked with the doors, and pressed it again, and they stayed off. I tried shorting across the terminals since it was just a simple switch, and there was no change.
Any thoughts. I did check for blown fuses, but since the lights work otherwise, I'm not surprised the fuses were fine.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I have had to replace the switch itself. I had the same trouble. On a 89 half ton which is pretty much the same thing. I had to replace door jam switches and dash switch.

There all really cheap to buy from dealer...

Note:The interior rocker light switch not shown

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I inspected what was left of the switch, and it is just a simple switch, so I thought jumpering the wires would effectively do the same. Also, all 4 door switches have been in the open position with no change.
The override that is next to the headlight switch is fine, as it will turn the dome light on, just the door switch side that isn't working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts