GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this Suburban last week. My rear vents blow out cold air. It does have all the a/c parts going to the rear but the compresser was removed. I see nothing for heat going to the back. What am I missing?

·
Registered
16,408 Posts
You should have a heater core in the rear. It is just like the one in the front, it should have water hoses going to the engine compartment, a blower with speed controls, and a mode door to switch from ac to heat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see my a\c lines running under the passenger side of the body. I cannot see any heater hoses or anywhere they would attach back there. If i have ac i should also have heat as an option right? Any pics would be a nice start for me to go by.

·
Registered
16,408 Posts
Ok, look at the controls for the rear heat, do you just have AC on the selectors?

Probably not, therefore, there should be a heater core.

When you can not switch between cold and hot, it is usually the blend door. This door moves the air flow thru the ac evap, or the heater core.

If the door does not move, the problem is usually an actuator (a stepper motor that moves the door), or a door that is jambed.

·
Registered
16,408 Posts
No, no, you should be able to get at it by removing the inner trim panel. The one the big air vent is in (at least, that was the way to reach it on my Envoy).

·
Registered
16,408 Posts
Haha, ok. The pics I looked at seemed to have one line cut off and a hole where the other line would have been. But hey, I'm just looking at a picture, I'll go by your observation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.