GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 GMC Sierra K1500 4.3 4x4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
New to the forum really enjoying some of the stuff I've seen and read so far. I bought a 94 GMC Sierra 4.3 K1500 5spd with 116k for $600. Did a full tuneup, two frame patches, got rid of the bed bc it rotted out. Planning on flatbedding it soon. I figured I would look into possibilites of converting it to a dually. I'd love to see it on alcoas. Is this even possible with a 4.3. Any knowledge would be super helpful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Candidly, you’ll be disappointed, but you won’t need to change engines just yet. I had the ‘95 4.3 in my short step. Fell on its face driving down the street as the A/C kicked in. I dropped in the current 5.7 0.040” over. Completely different machine.

Changing engines is a chore because you need a computer chip from the same year truck with the same transmission but the bigger engine. That’s the most difficult task. The 4.3 throttle body will not be strong enough.

just want you to be walking into this understanding what you’re in for. It will be nice when it’s done. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
True, the transmission bolt pattern is the same, but In the 1500, unless he has a NV4500, it’s going to be a disappointment. The 3500 is very weak. I broke my first one with a simple 355 upgrade. (0.040 over 5.7) and a mild cam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts