GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Chevrolet K1500
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I’m back... so my boyfriend has watched me for the last hour struggle with the positive cable off the fan and the negative. I finally came in an got a bolt extender and moved the negative (ground) to the negative terminal and the positive to the positive. Started my truck and still no fan. It was working and has been working until this maniac said he would sabotage my truck bc he hated it so much. I didn’t check the fuse bc I don’t know which one it is and my hands and fingers are to cold to pull them all out then struggle to get them back in... any help or suggestions would be grateful

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
You can use a test light, or a multi meter to test your fuses, and you dont have to pull any of them. If you dont have a test light, they sale them at your local parts store, and they are very inexpensive. Here is a video about automotive test lights.

Reactions: OpalLacod

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
506 Posts
Gently use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull your fuses. You can keep your gloves on and still have fine enough manipulation to get the fuses in and out cleanly. DON'T WIGGLE THEM. Pull straight out.

Edit: Alternate method if you can't get a test light.

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
506 Posts
You can use a test light, or a multi meter to test your fuses, and you dont have to pull any of them. If you dont have a test light, they sale them at your local parts store, and they are very inexpensive. Here is a video about automotive test lights.
Good video resource, Kenny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts