GM Truck Club Forum banner

95 4.3L V6 SLOW CRANK

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Cowboytrukr 
#1 ·
My friend has a 95 Chevy Cheyenne 4x4 V6 auto single cab short bed, and it's overall a nice truck for 333k miles. Engine and trans redone at 300k
But it started Crankimg like the battery was completely dead. Then it stopped cranking entirely.
I replaced her starter, alternator, and even put a bigger battery in it along with new wires. And it still Cranks like it is dead. I got it to start with ether and it runs and drives fine. But if you try to start it, it just hates life.
Really appreciate any help as I'm a ford guy and it's electrical is 100% not my area of expertise.

#2 ·
Howdy and welcome.

The most common issue with the TBI engine is low fuel pressure from a dying pump. The only way to check it is to rent a TBI fuel pressure test kit. You bolt on a pressure gauge adapter downstream of the fuel filter which should be located just below the back of the seat on the driver-side frame rail.

Turn the key on but don’t start the engine, then watch how the gauge behaves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.